Do you think that Heavenly Father has a sense of humor? I certainly do and have never been more convinced about that fact than over the past week. Recently, I posted about how busy Jared's schedule had become and how difficult it was and how happy I was Bank of America allows him to work from home so that we would still get a chance to see each other. Well, I think that Heavenly Father was up in heaven just saying - "You ain't seen busy yet!" About a week ago we received a call from the Stake Presidency asking to meet with them. We couldn't do it Thursday night when they had called, but scheduled to meet on Saturday morning. I hate waiting to find out what they want. It is torture. We hoped they just wanted to get to know us a little bit better, knowing in the back of our minds that that wasn't true. Well, you know you are in trouble when you sit down for the interview and they want to know about your life history. Where you were born and raised, what callings each of us have had in the church and what your family life is like now. After chatting for about 20 minutes with one of the counselors, he excused himself to find the Stake President. As soon as he walked out the door, Jared turned to me and said "Crap!" In comes the counselor again and calls Jared to be the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric!! How crazy is that? We just sat there a little bit stunned. Of course he accepted the call. I will have to admit that the first thing that went through my mind was that I will now have to sit in Sacrament Meeting by myself with 3 kids! I am not one to immediately see that it will be a huge blessing in our lives - although it didn't take me long to realize that, but I am still reluctant about doing many things alone at home and at church. I am so excited for Jared and for this awesome opportunity to serve and learn and grow and have amazing expriences. He will do a wonderful job and is a natural leader. He is serving with 2 great men and will learn so much from them. I am grateful to have a husband who is worthy to serve in this capacity. He is a blessing in my life and will be a blessing in the lives of all those in our ward. He hasn't really gottn into his new calling too much yet, so I haven't been alone that much. I don't look forward to that, but know this is what I have to do. So many people have already said they would help if I need anything! I am so grateful for wonderful friends and for our ward family that helps where ever they are needed.
Bad blood
6 years ago

2 comments:
WOW!! Congrats to Jared! And good luck to you! Sounds like you guys are going to be crazy busy!! I know what it's like to sit husbandless in church. Not fun. But I'm sure your kids are angels and will be totally fine. :o)
Jared really will do a great job. When we got home from church on Sunday, John said, "Well, I was two for three." He predicted who the next bishopric would be, and Jared was one of the people he was right about! You both are great examples to everyone in the ward. I know it will be a busy and hard few years, but you will be so blessed! I will help you guys with anything you need!
Post a Comment