Thursday, July 29, 2010


I can't believe that I have a child in double digits! Caleb turned 10 on July 24! It is so crazy to think that in 2 years Caleb will be in junior high school and will become a deacon. I don't really like thinking about those upcoming events. He is getting too close to the teenage years which also means that I am getting old! Oh well, even with all of that looming before us, it is fun to watch him grow up and see what kind of person he is going to become. He is a wonderfully kind, sensitive generally happy boy. He is very protective of Sabrina and tries to teach Gavin all sorts of new things.

This year we were at Disneyland for the 4 days leading up to Caleb's birthday. So, we didn't get home until really late the night before his birthday. So, his actual birthday was kind of lame because we were all so tired and recovering from the trip. He got a new Star Wars Lego set. He loved it and spent all morning building his new ship. He is getting so good at building those. That night, Grandma Yvonne came over and watched Gavin and Sabrina so that Jared and I could take Caleb out to dinner (California Pizza Kitchen) and we went to Walmart and Toys R Us to look for something to spend his money on. He didn't pick anything out yet. He is trying to decide between another huge Lego set or a Nintendo DSi. He has quite a bit of money saved up. He will have a friend birthday party this weekend. He is very excited and I will post pictures of that later!

I just want Caleb to know how much I love him and am so grateful that he is in our family! Happy Birthday Dude!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tiffany Walker said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! You aren't supposed to be growing up so quickly! Hope you have a super fun party.