Sabrina finished school 2 weeks before the boys did. It was the day after we left for our trip. So, she had a couple of weeks to hang out with Minta while the boys were still in school. She did a wonderful job in preschool. Her teacher was fabulous and taught her so many things to get her well prepared for Kindergarten. She will be so well prepared in fact, that she no longer needs to be followed special ed. We had an IEP meeting for next year and everyone was so impressed with her abilities. It was wonderful to hear how well she is doing and how well they all think she will do in KDG. We will do something called a 504 plan. It is just a little plan to help her with a few little physical issues she may need during the school day. We will have a meeting after school begins to determine what we think she needs. Maybe things like someone to help her get and carry her lunch tray. I think it will be a great year for Sabrina.
Gavin is now a first grader. He is just growing up so fast. He had a wonderful time in Kindergarten with our favorite teacher - Ms. Weinerth! We are SO SAD that she is retiring and that Sabrina won't get to have her next year. She is just born to be a KDG teacher. Gavin is a great student. He loves to learn and has really caught onto reading. I am amazed at the words he can read as we read the Book of Mormon each day. We can't wait to find out who is teacher will be for first grade.
Caleb is now a sixth grader. I can hardly believe it. He really wished they would have moved 6th grade up to junior high school. I, on the other hand, am very glad they did not. I am not quite ready for him to be in junior high. I need the next year to prepare myself for that step. He is doing quite well in school. He is a good student and is excited about learning and being in sixth grade. That also means that he will finally get a yearbook! I am a mean mom and will not let my kids get a yearbook until 6th grade. Who needs one every year of elementary school? I think it is silly! But, Caleb doesn't really like that decision. Oh well.
The years seem to go by quicker and quicker every year. Now, we are in full swing with the summer activities. Basketball camp, dance lessons, Art Literature class, volleyball camp, swimming, bowling and the beach. That is what is on our summer list of things to do! So far, it has been very fun and I am enjoying watching my kids grow and learn and have fun with their friends! That really is what life is all about!

1 comment:
You don't want 6th grade to be in jr high- yikes! I am not ready for it. Josh wanted me to let you know that your picture on the top of you two at the beach looks like a certain commercial with the couple in the bathtubs..hee hee. Love ya and can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment