
How cute is this face - crazy, crooked teeth and all!?! I have gotten used to this crooked smile and I just love it, but Caleb is not so thrilled with it and wants to have his teeth fixed. So, last Thursday morning we were at the orthodontist bright and early (7:30) to start to fix the situation. He was up at 6:30 asking if it was time to get ready. He was very excited to be the first of his friends to get braces.

Here he is getting some of the work done. He could hardly stay in the chair.

I think this picture is great!! Being at the orthodontist brought back terrible memories of when I had my braces (4 years of them with head gear - and I still have an overbite and crooked teeth). Anyway, I don't remember having this nifty contraption to help keep my mouth open. We just had to hold it open on our our for like an hour straight! Caleb tried to convince me that he should get gold brackets! I was not convinced!

Here he is with the final look! He is still so cute!! He just has braces on the top and only on like 5 or 6 teeth. Just trying to make some room for all of this teeth to come in and have a place to go. He picked black and red rubber bands. I tried to convince him to get pink and purple so Brina would like them, but he was unconvinced. He says next time (in 6 weeks) he will get green and blue. I have never seen Caleb so hyper in my life. After he got them on, they have you watch a video on how to care for them and what not to eat and all of that. He was practically bouncing off the walls he was so happy to have braces on. They gave him Dippin Dots to celebrate. They also have a neat program of earning tokens each time they have an appointment and they can trade the tokens in for prizes! He got a cool new shirt too. He was sore for a couple of days, but really not that bad. I think it helped that it wasn't his entire mouth! So far, he is excited to brush his teeth and use all the little tools that they gave him. We will see how long that lasts.
1 comment:
Hey Marci,
Thanks for posting on my blog and rubbing it in that you're starting v-ball! UGH!!! I miss it SOO MUCH and have really been thinking about it the last few days. I really want to get on a team again...who are you playing with this time? Did I mention I hate you? :) j/k Ok ok, I'm just super jealous. :(
Post a Comment