Okay, I have been meaning to download all the pictures from Jared's camera from our trip this summer to Newport Beach. It was such a fabulous trip and there are a bunch of pictures. I think this picture so describes Sabrina. A little unstable and crooked on her feet. She LOVED the beach. We spent 4 full days at the beach and she couldn't get enough. She would run from the water, sit in the sand and make sand castles and just run around shouting with joy. It was so fun to watch her.
One beach near our condo - Crystal Cove - had tide pools and was really cool. We spent one afternoon there exploring.
Caleb
Jared and Sabrina coming in from some fun in the ocean.
Shawn and Luke coming in from the ocean. Luke didn't like the waves very much.
But, all the kids LOVED Uncle Shawn pulling them on the boogie board like they were surfing. I think Shawn considered this his excerise everyday. He would do it for about 45 minutes at a time. Just pulling kids around and they just laughed and sometimes fell off and couldn't get enough.
Thanks Uncle Shawn for all your excercise and fun!!
Grandma Kathy trying to get some peaceful reading time in. I don't think it worked that well!
Luke was just a little sandy each day.
The kids had a blast burying the soon to be newest member of our family - Greg. Chelsy and Greg were getting married about 3 weeks after this and he was a good sport and let all the kids burying him in the sand.
Grandpa Sherl doing what he did each day at the beach. He does not really like the sun - but think loved to watch his grandkids play in the sand and surf - when he could keep his eyes open!!
One day, we rented this little bike and rode around on the boardwalk of Hunington Beach. It was a lot of fun. In fact, we came across another bike with a group full of guys and they wanted to race us. I will have to say, that we kept up with them pretty good - and Jared was pretty much doing all the pedaling. My legs couldn't even keep up with how fast he was pedaling.
Brina just playing in the water.
Christian serving. My family is a huge tennis family. I am the only one that doesn't play and Jared and I are really the only ones that don't play while we are on vacation with everyone. It is always fun to watch the Uncles take on the kids. I will have to say, the Uncles usually still beat the kids, but I think it is getting harder and harder for them to win.
Love this picture of my brother Jeff. Great form!!
Brad showing that he has still got it!
The condos that we stayed at - Marriott Newport Coast Villas was FABULOUS!! I would highly recommend it to anyone. They had so much fun stuff to do that we didn't even get to take advantage of everything. They had a fire pit, BBQ's, a putting green, playground, basketball courts, several pools, spas, pin pong, pool tables, giant chess set and checkers. So much fun! Sabrina was insistent that that was a real home. As we were packing up to come hime, I told Sabrain that we had to go back to our real home and she looked at me and said "but this is our real home!" Oh how I wish it was. But, not at the price we were paying.
They had these really cool fish in a pond. We got in trouble for letting the kids feed them. Oops!
On the Sunday that we were there, we went to church and it was right next door to the Newport Beach temple. So, we walked around the temple grounds for a little while. It was a beautiful day and so nice not to be in 100+ degree weather. This is Sabrina with her favorite cousin and person - Christian. She just loves him to death and he is so good with her.



1 comment:
That is a sweet picture of you and Gavin.
Post a Comment